81. Pen and PaperWith my pen in my hand and a fresh sheet of paper, I hope to write down all the thoughts that are surging through my mind, not really looking for any particular one.********************************************The paper is the doorway to the fantastical and amazing world of writing; the pen, the key that unlocks not only that door, but also the doors to our heart, mind, soul, and sometimes even our senses.
4. DarkI have some advice for you; if you ever find yourself lost in a maze of darkness, watch yourself. For, the dark has the ability to manipulate itself, or change itself, into your greatest fears. The dark can also make you see things and/or make you lose your mind.We all know the dark to be cold, but that's not true, in its entirety, because the darkness is just waiting, always waiting, for someone, something, to warm it up, like a fire from a hearth warms you and your house.
80. WordsYou know the saying "sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you"? Well, not only is that saying just a load of crap but it's also very very untrue.Sticks and stones can break your bones, but that pain heals and passes eventually. You may think that words could never hurt you, but that's just seriously stupid. Words can hurt anybody, and I'm pretty damn sure that they hurt everybody every once and awhile.You may also think that everything's better by just saying 'I'm sorry' after you've said something mean, hurtful, vindictive, or maybe it was just something you regret saying in the first place, but it's not, simply because those poison words will be embedded into that person's, the one you said the hurtful words to, memory and/or their heart. And you may think that as time passes, that person forgets those specific words, but sadly, even if they do, those words linger in the air between
75. Mirror75. MirrorI forced myself to climb the steps to the attic, which was where the Oracle was held, but I couldn't stop myself from purposely moving slow. As soon as I reached the top, I opened the door very slow-like, anticipating the moment when the familiar reptilian smell that the Big House's attic held hit me. When the door was finally completely, I stepped inside, and the familiar reptilian scent hit me as I noticed the mirror, the one Chiron had said was given to him to give to me, hiding among all of the old Greek hero battle junk, its brass frame decorated with various gemstones, making it look like it definitely didn't belong there.I stepped up to it, my eyes widening when I saw what was reflected in the mirror. There was blood all over me, even in my hair, my eyes were a blazing shade of red, and my orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt had three rip marks in the middle of my chest.I screamed.
Dangerous Ability Ch. 4The teacher opened his mouth to speak, but the loud ringing of the bell that meant it was time for lunch cut him off."Class dismissed!" he said. Students flooded out into the hallways lined with rows of metal lockers. Since I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice the auburn haired girl from before. When I ran into her, the impact made us both drop our books."I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I hurriedly picked up my books, glancing up at her through my snow colored bangs."Th-that's alright..." she muttered as she stood up, straightening her short, black and red plaid skirt."I'm Ariana," I said as I propped myself up against the wall."I'm Shelby..." she whispered as she timidly pushed up her glasses, making me smile a little. "The teacher's name is Mr. Connors, by the way...""Thanks.... Hey, could you maybe show me where the lunch room is?" I asked her. She nodded, leading me through the halls to an outside courtyar
101. FreedomLuke pushed me up against the door, placing one of his calloused fingers on my chapped lips. "Shh... They might hear us," he whispered as he reached his other arm around me to open the door behind me.As soon as it was open, he thrust me inside, making my back hit something hard. A wall, I think. I blushed when he closed the door, but then I realized who he meant when he had said 'they' when two bearlike shadows passed by the door's window; he had meant the two bear brothers. They paused in front of our door, but when they decided that no one was in here, and left, I sent a silent 'thank you' to the gods.After about a few minutes of awkward silence, Luke's finger slid down from my lips and stopped under my chin, tilting my head upwards to meet his soft and caring gaze. He bent and kissed my forehead lightly, making me blush."Are we really going to pass by Camp, Luke?" I asked him quietly, smiling when he nodded.Every